I walked back to the school to meet Jennifer for lunch. I met several other teachers and one more of the students. Michael (from Florida but who also attended UNCG) and Joe (from England) went with us. We went just across the street and around the corner where we had bipimbap. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibimbap
It did have a raw egg but the food was so hot that when you stirred it, the egg cooked. A little spicy. You don't order drinks. They have a water cooler at the door with small stainless steel cups. I drank at least 5 or 6 cups of water. I began to be embarrassed getting more so I started making Jen get them for me. I definitely drank more than anyone else at the table. I also had my first kimchi. It wasn't bad either but spicy.
I enjoyed talking with Michael and Joe. Michael told me that Jennifer is a totally different person in the classroom. He said she's a great teacher and really teaches with authority. He even said she impresses him. Joe has been here only 3 weeks now. They were both really, really nice. I'm glad to know that Jennifer has good friends here. Michael bought lunch for all of us.
We still had some time before they had to be back to we went around the corner to a little convenience type store for ice cream. There's tons of different kinds. These were the prepackaged kind. I choose Sweet Milk (I think). That's pretty much what it was. Not bad. Some of the ice cream has red beans in it. Jennifer says the bean ice cream is good.
Jen told me I had gone to the wrong market to buy produce and explained where to go. So on the way back I decided to check it out. It was more like a farmer's market. Lots of fresh produce. Lots of fish--some still swimming. Also fresh chicken and pork. I don't think I saw any beef. Some vendors had the whole hog han
No comments:
Post a Comment